Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day Two

7:02:13
We stopped at rest stop last night but I woke up probably once every hour. We woke up at six and drove through Sioux Falls and bought muffins for breakfast and more gas. [The gas was not for breakfast, in case you were wondering{:] We then drove on more, nothing really to see but really flat land, cars and street signs. I dozed off for a while and woke up in Sioux City on the South Dakota/Iowa border and in no time we were in Iowa. I've been trying to navigate our way, but at the moment I'm lost but am sure I'll get back on track. [Like after we cross into Missouri:}] The little boys are getting restless and annoying, and all I want is some decent sleep!!! We stopped at a rest stop a couple of hours later to sleep.[right as I'm no longer tired too!] After that we drove on. And on. And on. It's funny on the interstate we are on, Nebraska is on the right side and Iowa is on the left side of the interstate!
10:13:29
We passed Omaha and the little boys got real exited about seeing the "Sky Scrapers". [Ha, forget lousy Buffalo there's a sky scraper!] After a couple more hours of driving we crossed into Missouri. I'm reeeeeally tired but can't get any sleep.
Dad's getting instructions to the cousin's house. I'm tired. 4:40:34
We're finally there! No more long, cramped, loud car trip for a few days![to be said with eye twitching uncontrollably]. It was so good to see them again. We had a wonderful chicken and salad dinner followed by a football game on their X-box. Zac and me/ Josh [my cousins] were the Tennessee Volunteers and Uncle Chal was Arkansas. Uncle Chal beat us 53to72. [Hey, it was my first time playing it, give me a break!:}] After that the little boys went to bed and me, Zac and Josh went to bed a little later.

No comments:

Post a Comment