Thursday, November 12, 2009

Antelope hunting

Last Sunday my Dad, Molly and I went antelope hunting in eastern Montana. We only had two orange vests so I wore one of my dads orange shirts over my coat.

We had to wake up at 4:00 am and got to the hunting spot around 7:30. We hunted until 9:30. After not seeing a single antelope at all, we drove down to Forsyth, Montana and there had lunch.

Afterwards, we drove back down to our hunting spot and sat in the car, scanning the area for antelope with binoculars. Not only did we not find any antelope with binoculars, we didn't even see any regular ones.

At around three, we started heading back home when we spotted a herd of antelope, almost half a mile away from where we could hunt! We then drove home and got there around 6:30, sadly with out any antelope.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew, I just discovered your blog through your mother's blog, and I am so glad I stopped by. You had me laughing out loud over your antelopes with binoculars! Yours is a very entertaining blog to read and I'm sure I'll be back. Keep writing!

    ~Marianne

    ReplyDelete